---------------------------- Pandemic conclusion 2023 ----------------------------

Brownstone Institute: https://brownstone.org/ - very interesting, most articles and topic to current situation

Conclusion sources:

Main alternative resources:

National Canada Citizens Inquiry https://nationalcitizensinquiry.ca/
UK Column: https://www.ukcolumn.org/live
Brownstone Institute: https://brownstone.org/ - USA
Corona Investigative Committee: https://corona-ausschuss.de - Germany
Geopolitics and Empire: https://guadalajarageopolitics.com
Children's Health Defense: https://childrenshealthdefense.org

Interesting links to follow:

Updated: 13.02.2024

Locked down before Covid 19

Share your story. Describe your experience of Covid/lockdown, how has it's changed your life & what's brought you to this site
megilleland

Post by megilleland »

Passing through this Coronavirus period for us individuals already locked in our homes and in many cases caring for loved ones you do reflect on your true position in life. The biggest shock is how times and circumstances can change, upsetting the direction you are travelling in and forcing one to make rash decisions to get back on course.

My partner Jacky suffered a stroke in March 2018 involving two major operations and spending two years in hospitals in Birmingham (2 sites), Bristol, Hereford and Bromyard before being discharged into a care home for a year close to where I live. During this time I was travelling every day to see her, and supported by her daughter, we arranged our lives to make the best use of the time available. Whilst Jacky was in the care home we put plans in for an extension to the house to provide Jacky with a bedroom and wet room. This was completed February 2020 and we managed to get Jacky home two weeks before the first lock down. Life got easier as we fell into a routine for her care at home.

During this period I was very lucky. Being retired from Royal Mail I had planned for my future financially and had several small pensions to supplement my state pension, but thousands of pounds was spent on travelling daily, using public transport - bus and rail and also car hire. I had given up my car, living in a small city there was no need for one, it would have only been parked outside the house all day. Another large sum was spent on the extension and fitting out the rooms for Jacky's benefit.

Since being home Jacky receives 2 carers, 4 times a day, 7 days a week with a session of physiotherapy once a week so we are very lucky. Without the carers help I would be struggling.

Once Covid 19 was up and running I was confined to the house. I am allowed 4 hours off a week when a carer comes and sits in to give some time for myself, but usually I use this for cycling to the shops for basics. My only contact is with the carers and Jacky's daughter who visits from Oxford, but works in London. Fortunately she can work away from her office, but will return to her office possibly later in the year.

Earlier this year a close, single male friend tried to take his own life twice by overdosing on tablets. Taken into a psychiatric ward after 6 weeks he collapsed in his room and had a cardiac arrest. A really nice gentleman who had everything to live for, but underneath had problems coping with life with no apparent relatives to help him. Jacky and I miss him as he would come up to the house and we would watch Spotlight TV and try our hand at the quiz shows.

Now he has gone it is apparent what a toll this Covid 19 lock down is having on people. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of carers have had to provide more care. It has left many exhausted and close to burning out. They urgently need more support to help them through this crisis.

The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on the lives of carers and those they are caring for. A majority have had to provide extraordinary hours of care for loved ones with increasing needs during the crisis, often without the usual help from family and friends, and with limited or no support from local services.

As a result, many people providing care have been left exhausted, socially isolated and close to burnout. Adding to these considerable pressures, carers have also taken a financial hit, and seen their health and wellbeing decline.

The big problem for me is the lack of social interaction. I have not taken any of the vaccines through choice, although Jacky has had two, I am now the only member of our family circle to hold out. I check out the internet when I can, but find the main stream news a waste of time. I watch a little TV as yet again most of the programmes are for the benefit of so called celebrities.

The government are also a waste of time with no credible oppositon and we are heading for a police state where you will carry a smart phone so they can keep a check on your movements. All your consumables will come to your house in cardboard boxes via Amazon. Cash will disappear and you will be awarded credits for good behaviour.

The NHS will be demolished using creative chaos according to the Tory government and access to services will become a privilege.

Carers UK is campaigning on behalf of carers:

In the short term, we are calling on the government to continue to introduce measures that support carers, including:

* Making sure that carers can take breaks and that the return of essential services is prioritised.
* Providing clear guidance, information, and advice specifically for carers
* Raising the level of Carer’s Allowance
* Supporting carers’ to look after their own health and wellbeing, and providing targeted funding for carers mental health support.
* Ensuring that carers are better able to juggle work and care and remain in work.
* Providing sufficient funding for social care over the winter.

After what carers have experienced during the pandemic, Carers UK also want the government to implement a New Deal for Carers, with medium term tangible action to support carers and those they care for.

The government response in this years Queen Speech ran to nine words - "Proposals on social care reform will be brought forward". However politicians have been vowing but failing to reform social care funding for two decades: there have been at least 17 reports and inquiries but no end product.

Life as we know it will not return to normal. It isn't in the interests of global and national governments controlled by a small clique of elites who want the money and freedom to do what they want.
alisonfletch

Re: Locked down before Covid 19

Post by alisonfletch »

What a post. One of the first but I am sure one that will open the flood gates to heartfelt tales of this Covid story. It evokes tears of rage and sadness in me, especially as I am a Herefordian. Thank you for your contribution. Carers were not people I had even thought about until this. Eye opening.